How to create and navigate through departments
This article outlines the department category and how to configure.
It covers the following:
Contents of departments
A default department called "All" is set up during initial onboarding.
Departments are logical user groups, they allow you to configure the following at a department level:
- User prompts
- Receipt of transaction reports
- Department phone number (optional) — recognised as a trusted number by Paytia
- Department email address for the distribution of transaction reports — this defaults to the administrator's email address
Click on Departments in the left-hand menu to change, add or delete departments.
To add a new department you can use the + symbol on the top row (see below)
This will expand to allow you to enter the details of the department you want to add.
The values you will see are
- Department Name - This is required by default so it must be filled in. It is simply the name you want to assign to these department settings.
- E-mail address - This is only relevant if you want to send department owners reports on the transactions their users' process and the Paytia overnight daily payment reconciliation report.
- Country - The country of origin in which the telephone number you wish to make calls out from your business.
- Telephone - This is the telephone number you want to trust to make calls out of your business. You can use departments as a quick way to add more telephone numbers you want Paytia to accept you will be calling out to customers from.
- User prompts - If you are using Paytia User scripts you can assign a department of users the same scripts from here. You can make more than one set of scripts available for you to choose from in the Administer Users > Users menu.
- Primary User Prompts - This is the default user prompts script you want users in this department to be given if you do not choose to override this choice in the Administer Users > Users menu.
Example when set