Paytia secure virtual terminal?
There are three categories of Paytia secure Virtual Terminal:
1. Virtual terminal Light - small office home office user
2. Virtual Terminal Pro - small to medium-sized business users
3. Virtual Terminal Enterprise - Enterprise users
To understand which of these best meets your requirements please complete the request callback below and one of our staff will help you find the right package for your business.
The Pay729™ Virtual Terminal allows staff members taking payments to enter more detailed business information such as name and address information along with the transaction reference and account numbers for greater flexibility.
You no longer need to ask customers to read you their card details when you take a "customer not present" card payment. You receive instant verification on the call that the card has been authorised and your money is paid into your bank account by your chosen payment provider.
How does it work?
- The merchant takes the customer's call using their Pay729™ telephone number
- When the customer wishes to pay by card over the phone, the merchant enters Name, Amount the (optionally), Address, Reference and Account numbers into the Pay729™ Secure Virtual Terminal.
- The merchant submits the Virtual Terminal payment request and simply dials 729 using their telephone keypad and the payment process is started
- The customer uses their telephone keypads to securely enter their transaction details which are displayed masked on the agent Virtual Terminal screen
- The payment is processed in the background and the money is put into the merchant's bank account with no delay
- Once completed the merchant and their customer continue speaking
We already take payments using a virtual payment terminal so why is a secure virtual payment terminal different?
Currently when you need to take your customers payment card details over a telephone call you ask the customer to read out their card details then you write them down or type them straight into the virtual terminal screen.
A virtual payment terminal allows you to carry out exactly the same payment but without the cardholder needing to disclose their payment card details to you verbally over the telephone. Instead, a Paytia virtual terminal allows your customer to use their telephone keypad to enter the card details during the call.
Paytia also enables business customers to meet their PCI-DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) obligations by removing access to payment card details from employees when transacting payments over a telephone call. This can mean no more non-compliance charges for payments marked as MOTO (Mail Order Telephone Order)
What Our Customers Say
Paytia have allowed us to remove the risk to agents handling payment card data and made it simpler to evidence the process for our FCA and GDPR reporting where payments are concerned. The Virtual Terminal application has simplified the process of collecting payments without the need for us to change our systems or telephone service.Read the Case Study